hoo-kay. so, i suppose this is my blog. i don't really know why i have one, or exactly who i think is actually going to read it. i suppose i really don't care, though, so i'm just gonna go for the gold!
i know this is old, and a survey about someone you maybe don't even know, but what the hell, read it anyhow. i wasn't sure what to post first so this is it.
next up: veganizing gramma's date cookies. far too easy.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
pretty much any rice milk, whichever brand is cheapest. original or vanilla. also, so good chocolate soy milk. mmm.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
i'll leave out the sandwich i'm about to have for dinner, and say gramma's date cookies, butternut squash soup, and hopefully some kind of coleslaw, assuming my cabbage hasn't aready died.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
melted eb with salt and sugar. i can't STOP.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
hmm... bbq jackfruit sandwiches. it was frozen jackfruit and it was faaaar too sweet. and also disgusting. i have faith in the canned stuff, though.
5. Favorite pickled item?
i really haven't had many pickled things. so, bread and butter pickles.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
cookbooks. i don't have a printer, so i have tons of messily handwritten ones in a folder.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
trash, and 'green garbage'.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
chocolate chip cookies, sandwiches, my mom's bean salad.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
my dad's chocolate chip pancakes. or hot fresh bread from the bakery near my cottage... white irish sliced. dream cookies and smiley face cookies as well. also any big dinner at my gramma's.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
anything peanut butter chocolate. really, i haven't had many.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
cutting board and measuring spoons, i think. and super-huge industrial oven mitts. wait, not appliances. wait, i don't care.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
garlic or ginger.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
this, i do not know. i think a student one that was a gift.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
grape jelly or strawberry jam.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
sweets, for sure. cookies and cupcakes are most successful. lemony roasted potatoes were a super hit too.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
lately, seitan. usually, tofu. sorry tempeh. i do like you too.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
any meal, really. i seem to usually cook and bake in the evening.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
an unplugged microwave, a birthday card, cat treats. dust.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
edamame, black bean burgers, soup.
20. What's on your grocery list?
i don't actually have one. it would be spinach, broccoli, sugar, and rolled oats, i think.
21. Favorite grocery store?
no frills or food basics. el cheapo.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
these date cookies i mentioned.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
tons, all the time. new ones daily.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
any plain dark chocolate.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
i don't really know. i've been buying lots but cheap, lately.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
i'm scared to commit to anything that will take many hours to rise and whatnot.